Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of England Vegan Festival 2005

Thumbs up Heart of England Vegan Festival 2005

Heart of England Vegan Festival

The festival will be held at the Carling Academy, Birmingham on Sat June 18th.

The venue is about the same size as the one the Bristol Vegan Fayre (worlds biggest) 2004 was held in so it should fit at least 80 stalls and all the catering will be done by Realfood. It has 3 bars, a good area for a crèche, a stage and an area for speakers which should be quiet.

Anyone looking to do a stall please contact REALFOOD.

I know I know its not for 7 months but its a date for the diary, if you've booked your hols - cancel em.

Could this be the fayre for the biggest veganforum meet up yet ?

PinkFluffyCloud

Yes!! I will definitely be going to that one, thanks, gert!!!
    It's not too far for me, sounds great!!

i am aiming to go too!!

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote cedarblue
    i am aiming to go too!!
    Hooray, I will see you there, Cedar!

tails4wagging

I will be there also.

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote tails4wagging
    I will be there also.
    Double celebrations - triple if you are going, gert??
    I will be excited for 7 months now!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to the Heart of England Vegan Festival for sure, just try and stop me. If you've met Mary and Neil from Realfood, you'll know how much they put into spreading the vegan word. This will be a cracker of a fest, one of the biggest vegan festivals of 2005, and one not to be misssed.

PinkFluffyCloud

I've decided that even if I have moved by then, I will come down for the weekend for this. I would so much like to meet some of you!
    I will save my pennies and make it a day/weekend to remember!!

well if this is going to be a big vegan forum meet up, i guess i'd better add my name to list too!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

PinkFluffyCloud

Yahoo!

If theres any members outside of the UK who are or may be planning a trip over next year. Its only an idea but if theres any chance you could time your trip to coincide with this vegan fayre, it could be an international vegan forum meet up to.

Maybe see you there.

I'm helping with some planning etc, so I expect I should go as well
    Any hints from locals about cheap B&B's, peoples floors etc would be great
    http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote Pete
    I'm helping with some planning etc, so I expect I should go as well
    Any hints from locals about cheap B&B's, peoples floors etc would be great
    I don't want a floor, I need comfort, but, yes, any info would be welcomed, as I think I may be further away from the venue by June, but definitely still want to go, even if it turns out to be my only summer holiday next year!!

What a line up of speakers so far for the Heart of England Vegan Festival . Joan Court - Veteran animal rights campaigner and author of, "In the Shadow of Mahatma Gandhi". Stephen Walsh PhD, Member of Vegan Society Council and author of, "Plant Based Nutrition and Health". Fiona Oaks, Marathon runner, Firefighter and runs the TOWERHILL STABLES ANIMAL SANCTUARY . Daniel Hammer from Friends of Animals (USA). Dr. Gina Shaw (subject to confirmation). And Patrick Brown from Vegan Organic Trust.

Any other ideas of people you would like to see ( or hear ) as speakers ?

PinkFluffyCloud

Robin Webb and John Curtin please!

Kevster

On the list of exhibitors there is a vegan cake company taking requests, i wonder if they'd do this one:

http://www.thecocoatree.co.uk/hellfire.html

I bet it would be a little expensive...

Talking

Quote Kevster
    On the list of exhibitors there is a vegan cake company taking requests, i wonder if they'd do this one:

http://www.thecocoatree.co.uk/hellfire.html

I bet it would be a little expensive...

That will so be baked this weekend, that is the most scrummy cake seen in ages. Cheers for the link Kev.

If anyone has any ideas for speakers for the Heart of England Vegan Festival that they would like to see, you can also email them direct to Realfood if you prefer. Do consider its a vegan fayre and not an animal rights fayre though.

Default Update from Realfood

The Vegan Festivals site has been updated over the past few days. Please check it out.

* You will see that Redwood Foods have agreed to sponsor the Cooking demonstrations.
    * Two vegan martial artists have agreed to come along to demonstrate their prowess.
    * More companies and organisations are booking stalls and we have only just sent out invites for people to book stalls.

This event is going to be very big, anyone who would like to attend and does not have any transport please let us know and we will try and fix you up with transport. We are looking for people to book coaches from different parts of the country - especially the midlands as this is the Heart of England Vegan Festival. Having said which we have people already booked to come over from America and Germany. This is turning into an international event!

If you would like advertising literature please let us know, it will be ready early in the New Year.
    Please link the site to yours, and feel free to forward this message.

T-shirts with the Heart of England Vegan Festival logo and date on are now available. Wear them to the gym, to work, down the pub, and get the word out.

Email or ring Realfood for details.

And keep watching this space as Realfood hope to be announcing a very famous person to speak at the Heart of England Vegan Festivall. Can you guess who it is yet ?

Vegan times are changing.

PinkFluffyCloud

I don't flippin believe this - it looks as though we have sold our place here, so I just looked up train times, hotels, etc, travelling from the Aberdeen area to Birmingham.
    The journey takes 8 hours, and the hotel would set me back £100+ for 2 nights.
    Bah Humbug.

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    I don't flippin believe this - it looks as though we have sold our place here, so I just looked up train times, hotels, etc, travelling from the Aberdeen area to Birmingham.
    Bah Humbug.

why are you going to aberdeen?

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote cedarblue
    why are you going to aberdeen?
    Because, Mary, it's one of the few areas we can afford to buy a house outright (for cash) with a large garden, and a bit of privacy. We first wanted to go for the Hebridean islands, but I don't want Sam to have to learn Gaelic, after already having to learn Welsh at school!

Geoff

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Bah Humbug.
    What about Youth Hostels or the YMCA (I know you wouldn't be happy in the YWCA!)

I have my leave booked, so am a definate. If anyone in the essex/herts area wants to do a car share PM me to sort details.

No fair - can anyone pay for me (and Odi) to come to the UK from Oz ???

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote Geoff
    What about Youth Hostels or the YMCA (I know you wouldn't be happy in the YWCA!)
    Oi, cheeky!
    It's not even so much the Hotel, I would regard it as a holiday, it's the flaming travelling.
    I could fly (by aeroplane, no, I do not have super-powers, unfortunately ), but it's almost £200!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would *still* consider it, it could be my summer holiday, but my husband would think that I really had taken leave of my senses!
    I will have a think, as I really do want to go.

Geoff

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Oi, cheeky!
    I could fly (by aeroplane, no, I do not have super-powers, unfortunately ), but it's almost £200!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's wrong with your broom?

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote Geoff
    What's wrong with your broom?
    Don't tell everyone, Geoffrey!

i haven't really looked into the travelling and i think i'll have to make a (very expensive!) weekend of it but i really want to go too. i hope you will be able to make it PFC, i'd love to meet you.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

PinkFluffyCloud

Thanks, Gorilla, I would love to meet you, too.
    I'd love to meet any of you who are going, too, - (sigh), what a pity Geoffrey won't be there!

This looks good I will try and get a train ticket as early as possible that saves a lot of money, Funny I hope they don't try to flog us vegans carling though..........the biggest downside to uk music festivals if your vegan you can't have a beer.

But this looks like a good excuse for a trip to brummie...and meet up with some long lost A.R contacts in the area if they are around.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Quote snaffler
    Funny I hope they don't try to flog us vegans carling though
    if carling isn't vegan, why are they having a vegan festival in the carling academy?

anyhoo, as i have never been to a vegan festival (or any other festival for that matter), i shall see if i can get to this one.

PinkFluffyCloud

That's it then! I have to go! Will ya show us ya piercings??

Quote Tofu Monster
    if carling isn't vegan, why are they having a vegan festival in the carling academy?

anyhoo, as i have never been to a vegan festival (or any other festival for that matter), i shall see if i can get to this one.
    So I beleive, they checked out various different places. This was simply the best for the Heart of England Vegan Festival , for a good price, the manager is veggie and has been very helpful. Pete might know more.

It'll be good to see you there Tofu.

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Will ya show us ya piercings??
    all of you?

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote Tofu Monster
    all of you?
    Nah, just me!

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    That's it then! I have to go! Will ya show us ya piercings??
    Huh Huh ya Tofu if you got you nipples done we can do the Jim Rose Stunt ya know the two guys with nipple rings and a 2 foot of chain feel the pain....wooops got lost then lol....

It will be nice if lots of us can make it......

I just hope this has not clashed with the Motley Crue tickets I have just bought
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Quote snaffler
    Tofu if you got you nipples done we can do the Jim Rose Stunt ya know the two guys with nipple rings and a 2 foot of chain

nah, no nipples - not my bag baby. but if you get yer knob done we can do it that way?

I plan to go!!! In fact I plan to stay in the UK explicitely because of it! There is a chance I may be helping out at the Vegan Buddy stall.

I've just this minute spoken to Mary of Realfood who told me about another famous vegan person who is hoped to be attending the Heart of England Vegan Festival. Best wait until its confirmed before I post who it is though.

This really is a watch this space.

Update from www.veganfestivals.org.uk

20th January

We are pleased to confirm that Joan Dunayer , author of 'speciesism' and 'Animal Equality' has just agreed to come over from America and will be talking about her new book, and answering any questions.

The arrangements for our next festival are well under way. As you will know by now it is called "The Heart of England Vegan Festival". It is to be held at the Carling Academy at Dale End in Birmingham on June 18th. We would like to thank the Academy management who have been a great help to us so far.

We have been able to improve on the catering facilties we had this year and so far we are able to offer at least 3 different caterers. We will also have other stalls selling a range of cold vegan options and other stalls selling a wide range of vegan cakes. Just the cakes on their own make the festival worth visiting.

The venue is also much bigger than the one we had for the NW Festival and we can put up between 60-80 stalls. Having said which, book early to avoid disappointment, spaces are going fast.

Well worth coming to see.

Pat Reeves is coming to the Heart of England Vegan Festival to speak, but is not able to drive at the mo. Is there somebody who could pick her up from her home in Kings Winford and bring her back, that would be a great help on the day.

If you are able to offer a lift, contact REALFOOD.

Boo!! So many VF'ers going and I don't think I can go (its sandwiched inbetween my daughters birthday and Green Day at Milton Keynes - so pennies will probably too scarce for a trip to Brum!)
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

PI, Realfood are hoping to sort out transport for to the Heart of England Vegan Festival for those from different parts of the uk. That could help on the pennies front. Send them a wee email.

Interesting, that could make things a lot easier. Thank you
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Ooops! forgot to say it'll be great to see you at the Heart of England Vegan Festival.