Thread: Pig Art

Default Pig Art

I heard recently about the crazy Belgian artist Wim Delvoye, who is now tattooing (live) pigs with "art" with the plan to sell their skins after they have grown a bit.
    This article makes a paltry attempt to deat with the ethical issues in the last few lines.

yogini

Default Re: Pig Art

that is horrendous. far from being art this is animal cruelty..i have two tattoos so i know how much it hurts esp on your backbone..those poor pigs.

Turning tatooed skin into art, huh? Where does this guy get his inspiration from? The Nazis?

tails4wagging

Sick, sick and totally sick!! As John says thats what the Nazis did to humans.

California! (Here I come, right back where I started from...)

oMg... I can't believe they want to tattoo those piggies as an art form...

I was very fascinated with regarding the live pig as a piggy bank. Empirically, I see that a big part of the art piece is about making a yield, monetarily or symbolically. The idea that pigs grow so quickly gave me this idea to make paintings that literally grow, so they grow in value. They're supposed to grow in value.
    What a very twisted way of looking at things. There seems to be a fine line between a creative mind and... I dunno... a psycho.

;__; depressing and i agree, sick
    its like tattooing a sweet little dog and then murdering it